Monday, September 28, 2009

Food is good

I'm going to remind myself to be more thankful for food in the future. Life is rough without it. It was not the easiest fast of all time, rather than getting hunger pains, I just got really tired. Like hunger lethargy. Playing video games was hard to do I have so little energy. That's right, I was almost too lazy to do the laziest activity known to man. But Damien and I still beat the really crappy PS3 version of Ninja Turtles. I was Rafael, no big deal.

The afternoon/evening services that we attended were Reform. I've never been to Reform services before. It was kind of nice, but not something I would choose to attend on a regular basis. There was a lot of English going on, and I was more looking for a language that I don't understand. Also there was a woman who was the "cantorial soloist." She had a really great voice, but she used it a lot. And often was accompanied by piano. Piano in the service, that's new to me. Next thing there will be a hippie drum circle service where we'll kick a bean bag around a lawn and talk about the 60's. Wait, it's the day of atonement? Oh, right. No, my real problem was that the soloist liked to show that she had a good voice, so every prayers she sang took about three times as long as it needed to. Like I could have read it just as fast, and I don't remember how to read Hebrew very well at all. But I feel atoned. And it was actually really nice going to services. I didnt mess anything up too bad...I didn't stand when everyone else was sitting or vice-versa. Granted, I don't speak Hebrew, which probably got me judged by a few people sitting near me (woman with big eyes sitting a row in front and a seat to my left in the morning service, I'm looking at you, you judger), but it's all good.

Damien and I broke fast at a Mongolian barbecue restaurant which ended up being quite similar to Fire and Ice. It was also similar to Fire and Ice in that I ate way too much and feel like vomiting. But gosh food is nice and I appreciate it. Drink is also pretty essential. The best part of the day may have been that I didn't have to think about law school. Well I clearly just thought of it, so forget that, but previously I didn't really have to think about it. That was clutch. Tomorrow at 8:30 am it's back to the grind. Bring it, LRW class/professor whom I dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment