Friday, April 27, 2012

Powers: Separated

The Separation of Powers final was this afternoon. It was pretty rough. The issue spotter had so many constitutional problems it was hard not to get them mixed up. And I think I threw in a completely superfluous Appointments Clause analysis - let's hope that was actually an issue and I don't get docked points for wasting the professor's time when reading. The policy question was about recess appointments, which we talked about for maybe half of one class period. So, there it is. On one hand, what's done is done. On the other hand, I really wanted to do well in that class so there's plenty of ways to do meaningless worrying. Can't wait. In perspective, I like hard exams - they are hard for everyone and I seem to do better on them. Any moron can do well on an easy exam; the hard exams weed out the less prepared and place them appropriately on the curve. Let's hope. Knock on wood. Knock on internet. Ok, I'm done worrying about it.

The comedown from this exam is sort of harsh. I was so hyped up on adrenaline and aggrandizement that I like don't know what to do with myself. What will I study?? Oh right, Computer Crime. My last final. Dun dun dun. If you mess with this post it could, like, totally be a computer crime. I'm not really sure. I'll get back to you after I do some studying. Somehow I am just not as into this final. My final final. Ever. I'm into that. I'm into saying goodbye to law school. And I'm into Grad Week (our senior week equivalent) which includes a boat cruise (read: booze cruise) and brunch (read: boozy brunch). Oh law students. Well, there won't be kickball, so this senior week will be disappointing, I can tell already.

I wish I had other, interesting, insightful things to talk about. But it's hard during finals! My focus is on academic achievement. And misery. Anyone know any good procrastination tools that aren't internet memes full of .gif files? Also, the word meme: how do you say that out loud??

Some guy was talking to his friend today about Robert Griffin III as I was walking by. He said "This guy's RG3" and I looked at him. He goes "Him...not you..." gesturing to his friend. I know I'm not the #2 overall pick in this year's draft. Way to rub salt in the wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment