Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Diligent Guys Finish Last

Right, I have something to complain about that is caddy and quite frankly does not represent my best qualities. That's exactly why I created this blog. Thanks, blog. So here it is. My Antitrust professor announced a few weeks ago that he would like to see drafts of our papers to give us feedback before the final draft was handed in. I worked diligently and got a draft to him early - last week. Today in class my professor thanks the three of us who handed in drafts, schedules meetings with us for tomorrow to give us feedback, and tells everyone the due date for the papers. Sounds to me like the people who didn't hand in drafts just hand in the final. The people who did hand in drafts have to do more work revising them. So by working diligently, I get more work to do. And I can't exactly say this to him because the response is "So your paper will be better." Yes, it might be. But I also have to do much more work on it than anyone else. And honestly my priority right now is getting all of my law school work done. As quickly as possible. We'll see what the feedback is tomorrow and how much revising he expects me to do. But right now my reaction is: Damn. It.

Moving on to complaining about Trusts and Estates, a now-weekly segment. Yesterday, we spent an hour and a half learning about fiduciary duties. Or re-learning. Or re-re-learning, as it were. Since I've already learned about fiduciary duties in at least two classes that I can think of. So basically this was nothing but a gigantic waste of my time. I really must thank my previous professors for teaching my trusts and estates. Full of rage.

I spent the weekend in Boston for Passover. Seder at our house included nine delicious bottles of Veuve Clicquot. Seder at my cousin's house included nine crazy relatives. It was a mixed bag.

Finals pressure is beginning. Even though little is on the line, I'm beginning to stress out and feel pressure. I have rarely wanted something to be done as much as I do law school. I might have a "Suck it, law school" themed graduation party. You can come.

Goodbye, Rick Santorum. It's been real. My presidential race prediction: there will be a serious lack of sweater-vests on the campaign trail. Another prediction: Mitt Romney will say something disingenuous.

Facebook has been threatening to give me a "timeline" for a while now. And gmail has been telling me it will update its look soon. But I like my profile and my current "look." You can take them when you pry them from Charleton Heston's cold dead hands! Ew, that's actually a creepy reference. Though appropriate for Passover.

No comments:

Post a Comment