Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dance to the Music

Don't Timeline me, bro. But really, don't make me change.

The other day I ran into a guy named Rusmir Music. He worked in the career center at my college. He was so much more than your typical, unhelpful career counselor. He once asked Shaked if she had checked for jobs on Google. He is sort of like an elusive, magical being who you never really want to see, but ya can't help being "excited" about it. I was luckily on the phone when I encountered him. He looked at me and said "I know you." I looked at him and nodded. Then walked away. I honestly forgot that he was in DC, though Shaked had mentioned that to me about a year ago. Hadn't seen him in three years and I wasn't really that upset about it. Getting home I emailed some of my college friends (apologies to anyone I forgot to include in my rush!) to report a sighting of the elusive Rusmir. Also, I may or may not have a stuffed unicorn named after him (purchased by Ethan, named by Shaked, resented by me).

Oh right, I took my Trusts and Estate final yesterday. Bye bye to that class. Huzzah! It was pass/fail, so I wasn't all that worried. I definitely passed. Knock on wood. Currently, I think it was a mistake to pass/fail it. Should have used that on Computer Crime where the stuff is way more difficult. I felt pretty good about the T&E final, but apparently lots of people thought it was really difficult. Maybe it's just because I didn't stress, but I didn't think it was that bad. But that's about the last thing someone wants to hear about when their reaction to the final is borderline manic.

Next final is Separation of Powers on Friday. I wish it were tomorrow, I'm ready. Strong side! Left side! You get the picture. I'm psyched up for it. I'm ready to go. I made an outline, a policy supplement, a chart, and I have a few pre-written answers. Even the boy scouts are jealous. It's the only class I really care how I do in. So it had better be good.
Sidenote: Separation of Powers rocked my mind. Basically, most for-cause removal provisions are probably unconstitutional, which totally undermines what you learn in Con Law I and day 1 of Administrative Law. The whole things is conceptually crazy. And I love it. And there are no jobs in it. Especially because I didn't go to Harvard or clerk for a Supreme Court justice. Damn it. It's that kind of thing that no one tells you before law school - all the cool, interesting areas of law, well no one really practices them. Dreamscrashandburn.

Goodnight moon. Goodnight cow, jumping over the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment