Friday, April 16, 2010

Time's Never Wasted

I'm worried that I'm not worried. I feel like I'm on pretty solid ground for finals studying, so I'm pretty relaxed. I still work during the day, but I'm not at school until all hours of the night. Meanwhile most people are library zombies, closing out the library in the evening. My suspicion is that they are actually spending much of their time on facebook and gchat rather than Property and Con Law and that we actually spend similar amounts of time doing actual "work" or maybe they are doing a little more. But I feel like I'm in a good place and I'm definitely not becoming a bookworm...or a mealworm, which are gross.
Today I walked into the library and just felt the stress exuding from everyone around me. I immediately walked out. I still have a few days before my first exam and I feel like I have a pretty decent grasp on everything, so I really don't need to sit in a seeping cesspool of stress.

I would say that Gameday on mlb.com is my biggest distraction at the moment. Damn you baseball season! I'm glad I haven't actually bought mlb.tv yet. That would be even worse for me. It would be like a heroin addiction for my study habits.

Speaking of heroin - Wonder Woman. She's boring. And the wrong kind of heroin. Though if drug dealers were imaginative they would have nicknamed heroin Wonder Woman. Or Jane Eyre. Ew. Jane Eyre sucks. So do the Bronte sisters in general. Flashbacks of sophomore year English in high school.

This evening at 11 some people from school played a game of ultimate frisbee on the quad. Despite being from a small liberal arts school I am not particularly good at frisbee. My catching is fine, my throwing is getting better, but my overall performance (including interest level) leaves something to be desired. Nonetheless, it was pretty fun, if only as a break from the monotony of study days. Bolting past someone to know down a frisbee then rubbing it in their face - what more could you ask for?
Of course this did happen a good four hours after my last shower. So we had to make a sequel. Shower 2: Return of the Shampoo. Shower 2: Loofah of Doom. Shower 2: Live Free or Die Hard. Wait a minute....

Actually I find that title hilarious, "Live Free or Die Hard." It's almost as good as the pseudo-patriotic title of Motley Crue's greatest hits album: "Red, White and Crue."

On tap for tomorrow: becoming a study robot, finding Aristotle's Golden Mean, helping Jason find the Golden Fleece, deciding whether all that glitters is gold, and eating salad. Some of this may not happen, but you need to have big goals to get big results.

1 comment:

  1. step off; charlotte brontë is my girl.

    -elana

    ReplyDelete