Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hosed

Thursday's Property exam went better. The things I didn't want to be on the issue spotter weren't on there (unless I really missed something). I came out of it feeling pretty good, which was a nice change from Con Law. Additionally, my Property professor brought her two kids into the exam beforehand to distribute candy. Taking candy from children - it doesn't sound great. But it's better than giving them free candy. Shouldn't have even brought up this sketchy rabbit hole. Whoops. The point is, that her kids were adorable and, despite being 12, were almost as tall as my professor.

Then back to the library! Once more into the breach! But somehow I'm losing motivation. I hope to regain it today with the immanency of Contracts in two days. But do I really care that much about express and implied warranties? No - but I have to pretend.

Yesterday I got into school on the late side - around 11. On one side of school, a block down, is a meeting at the World Bank. Lots of police, people in suits, cars with diplomatic plates, and generally important very official looking stuff. On the other side of school, in the quad right outside the law school, is a sorority event involving fire hoses, screaming (presumably drunk) undergraduates, and tons of idiocy. I asked someone later and I think it was a fundraiser of some sort, but I have no idea how this could have possibly been anything except organized morons. As far as I could tell they were divided into teams with matching shirts by sorority/frat and there were various events involving fire hoses. The only one of which I really saw or understood was two opposing teams of four people each had to control a fire hose to get a bucket strung up on a line to the other team's side of the line. Why was this an amusing activity? I am unsure. Why were they allowed to use fire hoses? Not clear. Why did they need to scream for three hours straight so that it could be heard literally everywhere in the law school? I have no clue. It was not the best afternoon for studying at school. Though I will say it was a laugh to watch all of this stupidity from a second story window, particularly because the fire hoses made the ground wet and I got to watch people wipe out every two minutes or so trying to run around. There was some cruel solace in that.

I went to a birthday party in SE on Saturday night. They had an ice luge there. Really, that's not just for frat parties? Alright, I'll take it as it comes. I was talking to this guy at the party who works at the State Department. I asked him what he did at state. "Terrorism," he responded. "Oooook. I assume you mean counter-terrorism." "Yeah, that's it, counter-terrorism, mostly focusing on Europe." "Ok, good. That's really cool." Then I talked about Dean Acheson for a little bit because I do love my post-cold war diplomats and I'm a huge nerd.

Dear Red Sox,
Please stop sucking. It's not a big deal, it's only a game. But the hopes of thousands, if not millions, depend on you. There are small boys and old ladies in the hospital who follow you daily. If you don't do well, they may not have the strength to go on. No pressure though. Also, it makes me a sad panda when you lose. That's not that important either. If you didn't know, a fairy dies for every home run you give up or error you commit. Like I said, no pressure. But people in infirmaries, sad pandas, and fairies are kind of taking their cues from you. So if you could at least try a little harder to be good, that would be lovely.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment