Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Know I Swore Off Starbursts - Starting Tomorrow

If basketballs were Starburst wrappers and hoops were my trashcan and the three-point line were at my desk chair, then I would be eligible for a multi-million dollar contract.

Today in Civil Procedure a classmate of mine, Tommy, came in dressed as my professor with silver hair and everything. As my professor walked down one aisle, Tommy mirrored him walking down the other one. Tommy set up behind the podium and started lecturing as my professor took a seat in the front row. He has the mannerisms down, the doctrine of issue preclusion memorized, and he started cold-calling for the case "In re: Silver Fox" (my professor has been referred to as "The Silver Fox" behind his back by years of adoring female students). Tommy even starting ranting about a particular case that my professor hates, and gave us a stylized motivational speech. My professor just sat there and laughed the entire time - he's got a good sense of humor thankfully. Of course this performance made concentrating very difficult for the rest of class, for my professor as well.

I lost half an hour due to Texts From Last Night in the midst of cleaning up my Property outline.

There was some crazy food and drink event in the law school quad today. They had all kinds of moon-bounce-esk activities including an actual moon bounce, and things with less formal names (boxing with huge, heavy gloves in an inflatable ring, standing on a platform and hitting your opponent with a stick, an inflatable obstacle course, and something which involved being tied together by harnesses and needing to get balls into opposite baskets). That's what all of us here in law school find super amusing, apparently. I know I did. I ate two burgers, some pasta, and a fudgcicle, and then challenged Reza to boxing, stick fighting, and basket-scoring. I think its safe to say I won all three. I'm not gloating though, I do have about 45 pounds on him. It was all fun and games...until I felt like absolute crap because I ate so much. I should have waited 30 minutes before I jumped in the proverbial pool. Ugh. It took the next hour of watching other people compete in fierce, inflatable combat before my stomach stopped hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment