Friday, April 2, 2010

Aquaman

Rather than doing anything productive after class today, I went with Reza and Jen to the National Mall and the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms. I did see the cherry blossoms, also lots of tourists. And no one would accept my challenge of $5 to jump into the Tidal Basin. Wussies. Also the girl recklessly climbing the tree didn't even fall out of it into the water for my amusement. However, I did get to see the presidential motorcade (!!!!!!) and Marine One (!!!!!). The motorcade was pretty gangster. They shut down the entire street for about ten minutes before it came, they wouldn't even let pedestrians walk. Then a lot of police, secret service, and the two limos. It was awesome. I said what up to B-Rock. Then an hour later we got the three identical helicopters swooping over the Tidal Basin and the Jefferson Memorial. It was so patriotic looking that a bald eagle probably was born at that very moment.

The POTUS-cade (or at least the important part of it):




This morning in the shower I thought that I could be Aquaman, but only in the shower. Just like the real Aquaman, my powers would be useless in the rest of the world. (And I use the term "real" loosely - I am aware Aquaman is actually fictional, and if he weren't I'd ask him to poke around Loch Ness to tell me what's really going on down there.)

The "shuffle" setting on my iTunes really wants me to listen to Toots and the Maytals apparently. I have five songs by them, and they keep coming up, out of over 5,000 songs to choose from. What is going on here?

Last night at bar review everyone gave me funny looks because I was drinking wine. I had to explain to so many people why I wasn't drinking beer and I ended up looking a little pretentious - being the only person in the entire bar with a wine glass. I should have worn a beret and carried a book about art. If you were wondering, the reason is Passover.

No comments:

Post a Comment