Friday, April 9, 2010

I want pie

Where did the week go? Last full week of classes of 1L year. So sad (read: best news ever!!). Finding a sublet and finals, that's all I really have to worry about right now. Also the fact that my building refused to turn on the air conditioning despite it reaching 90 this week. That sucked. It felt like being in the swamp that this city was built on. I didn't sleep well for three nights. Don't I have a fan? No; the building has central air. There was absolutely no need for it before and no one warned me. What do I look like, a weather psychic?

Eating bread again was glorious, but getting the food was a fiasco. A Lupe Fiasco. I was planning to go to Pizzeria Paradiso with a friend for pizza and beer - two incredibly non-Passover friendly things. What started as two people turned into 8. I was the one who had to go put my name on the list because everyone else had class. They joined me half an hour later. Pizzeria Paradiso is a popular establishment and I knew this was going to be a bad idea. Whoever thought it was going to take 30 minutes (my friend) was incredibly incorrect. Seating 8 people at a popular restaurant takes a little while. The number went down to 6, then 5, but I still ended up waiting for an hour be seated. I, like many people, get a little grumpy when I am hungry. By the time I got food I was seething with anger. The only thing that made the dinner remotely ok was that I could again eat real pizza and other bread products.

Today is preview day for the law school. "They all look so happy." "They haven't had their souls crushed yet." I couldn't decide which was the best way to mess with the zero-L's (as someone dubbed them), so I just carried on as usual and ignored them. Though I did steal a Starburst that was meant for the zero-L's in a gallant act of defiance. I fought the law.

In Property we did about four classes on intellectual property. There was a lawsuit about post-Napster downloading programs like Morpheus, which I totally had (and was totally illegal - oops). First off, it was weird reading the Supreme Court discussing Modest Mouse and Wilco. Second, after class I asked my property professor about Girl Talk. (Probably legal as a fair use of other people's copyrighted material and since he only uses parts of other songs). My professor responded by talking to me about the Grey Album case. Wow, apparently my professor is one hip lady. She was pretty up on the Black Album...and the White Album, which does not make her hip in any way. Also, she said she's going to look into Girl Talk. Yup, gave her a new music suggestion. I can't wait for her to listen to Girl Talk using a song like "Gettin' Some Head." She'll probably love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment