Friday, February 26, 2010

Brief Update (You Didn't Know, But That Was A Pun on Case Briefs-I Suck)

Journal competition has started. I only spent a few hours on it today. Off to a good, highly-motivated start. Of course my Contracts reading suffered from this. But I did my Property reading. Equitable servitudes and real covenants, sounds sexy right? Real covenants? Not fake covenants, what's that about? I think they are fake covenants though. The real covenant is with the Big Man in the Sky.
Also, it occurs to me that journal competition is quite reminiscent of DBQ's (document-based question) from when I took the AP U.S. History exam in junior year of high school. What a throwback. You get a bunch of documents and you have to use them to write an essay. More proof that law school = high school!

Today in the middle of Property the professor started talking about an ice cream store and I decided I wanted nachos for lunch. I needed nachos for lunch. I had a flash of how some corn chips laden with warm melted cheese would taste and I knew there was no alternative. Within two minutes of class ending I found six other people to join me at a restaurant a block away from the law school that has excellent nachos. Of the seven people there four of us got nachos. I finished mine first. And I was so damn happy. I ended those nachos. I went General Sherman on those nachos.

Sharp response of the day:
Me: How do you know I'm not conservative?
Stephanie: Because you've said more than "hello" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment