Friday, February 5, 2010

Provisions: A Madhouse

My body woke me up at 8am this morning. Thanks body. After watching the news for half an hour I decided it would be best to go get some food before Snowpocalypse. I checked the Trader Joe's hours of operation. They open at 8. Alright, I'll go food shopping. Everyone should be commuting or at work, right? Wrong. Half of the District of Columbia was in Trader Joe's. While the line was only around the circumference of the store when I got in line, it was down the frozen aisle and looping around by the time I left. I was only in line for about 20 minutes. Not too bad actually. Though my actual time spent shopping was only about 7 minutes. I didn't even buy that much. My favorite part was standing in line near the door. That way I got to see everyone's shocked expression as they realized they had the choice of turning back now or facing a half hour long line to get milk. I wish I had a camera, there were some priceless moments. Also, the store was playing songs like "Keep on Rocking in the Free World" and "Hot For Teacher" which somehow added to my enjoyment. There is something readily amusing about being perfectly calm and watching everyone lose their friggin' minds. Everyone is stocking a bomb shelter or something. My roommate said to me when I got home "In Israel we don't buy this much food when there is a war."

No comments:

Post a Comment