Monday, March 1, 2010

The British Are Coming

I just went to the post office to mail one thing, which ended up costing $1.05, and I stood in line for no joke 20 minutes. The line was out the door. That post office was hopping. I didn't mind so much, it gave me time to watch a woman with a huge ring and a Coach bag attempt to tape a box. It was a pretty lame attempt. It was like she had never used tape before. She couldn't get the flaps of the box to stay while she applied the tape. I felt bad and almost offered to hold to box still for her, but it was way too amusing to watch her epic fail.

Journal competition is done! I handed it in with about 8 hours to spare. It is pretty much impossible to condense a 60 pages case into a 3 page summary. Also pretty impossible to make a good argument about it in 3 pages. So my note ended up being...impossible? Who really knows. It's over, that's the important part. And now, on to Spring Break!!! Let's go to Mexico!!! Wooooo. Oh, nearly forgot. Mexico isn't particularly safe at this moment, particularly not in the North. That's too bad. I guess I'll have to settle for going to New York. Alright, done (as of tomorrow).

I wish I had more amusing anecdotes, but sadly not too much happened in the second floor study room the past few days. I mean, normally it's a crazy place, but journal competition kinda put a damper on things. The roller coaster in there was shut down; the alligator pit was temporarily out of order; and the stabbing hobo went fishing. No excitement. Just blue-booking (worst activity ever, if you don't know what it is then your life is better).

I think Revolutionary War jokes are the greatest, particularly when drinking is involved. Idea for the night: get someone so drunk that they run naked up to Dupont Circle holding a bottle of whiskey and screaming "The British are coming!" Then I will coolly correct them, informing them that Paul Revere never would have said "the British are coming," rather it was more likely "the Redcoats are coming" or "the lobsterbacks are coming," since the colonists considered themselves British (and since lobsterback was a common nickname for British soldiers).

1 comment:

  1. I found out last night that what Paul Revere actually shouted (or at least what most historians think) is "The regulars are coming!"

    Fun. fact.

    ReplyDelete