Thursday, February 11, 2010

Waste of Life

Snow Day #4 today. Unstructured time is really messing with me. I have no real deadlines. I've been doing a little reading. A few job applications. But most of my day is consumed by gchat, iTunes shuffle, and pondering whether I should venture to the outside (the answer is inevitably no). It has been very motivation sapping. Of course if I had known that I would be getting this week off I would have gone up to Boston. Or maybe to New Orleans this week. Good week to be there. Boston was supposed to get a snowstorm. That never really happened from what I understand. The meteorologists are all "J/k, j/play." Whoops. Someone fire those meteorologists. Also fire Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe, because he is terrible at life and does not deserve to write about sports in Boston.

I cannot actually believe that Fox News repeatedly said that the snowstorms in Washington disproved global warming. Sorry Al Gore. Are you joking?? Do you understand how science works? Or common sense? No. I knew the answer to that already. Luckily John Stewart and Steven Colbert were on it. But just knowing that a 'media' outlet would be pernicious enough to say that is actually a little faith-shaking. Faith being about humanity, not Fox News. I have less than no faith in them. I have bad faith in them. John-Paul Sartre is so angry at them, they don't even know. Or, alternately, I have Faith No More, and the 90's rock band is so angry at them. There are more faith jokes to be made there (see: George Michaels), but I don't really need to do them right now.

Laura told me I should quit school, move to L.A. and write with her. Is it bad that it was a really tempting offer for about five seconds? Writing sounds like a lot more fun than the academic purgatory that is law school.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and promptly went out to CVS to get a carton of orange juice to chug. The sore throat might be attributable to a few things: dry air, regular getting sick, sharing cups (see: beirut (NOT BEER PONG)), or lack of sleep (see: beirut again (still not beer pong)). Soup and vitamin C time. And Chinese food tonight? That should cure me. Maybe a strong shot of whiskey (as per the suggestion of Lord John Marbury)? That could be in order. Or an awful choice. Whatever. I'm going rogue. About everything in life. I've decided.

I've also decided that I don't like it when the sponge starts smelling funny. Why does that happen? It's just inconvenient. I know you have to squeeze it out, blah blah blah. But could they invent a never-smelling sponge? I'd buy it. I hate the mildew smell. This is the crap I care about when I'm trapped in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment