Monday, February 1, 2010

ABC, something something something 1-2-3

9 - the number of hours until my in class oral argument about my memo.
8 - the number of hours until I have to wake up
7 - the number of days (today inclusive) until this memo is due
6 - when multiplied by 111, the number of the beast. AKA the one who designed my LRW curriculum

Let's skip to

1 - the amount I want to continue working on this memo (on a scale to 10, with 10 being the highest)

Now I know my A-B-C's. Next time won't you sing with me? What's that? Those are numbers, not letters? Damn. I got no song for that then.

But I do got a bad attitude...towards Justice Clarence Thomas. He's a moron. There will inevitably be more to come on this topic in the near future. I say that because the kid who last semester advocated racism in Civil Procedure (he's done loads of other stuff too...none of it good, including using oxygen that cooler people could be breathing instead) announced today in Con Law that he has "an affinity" for Justice Thomas's originalist viewpoint. Let me tell YOU something, mister. That viewpoint is insane. In the context of interstate commerce, which conveniently is what we are studying, Justice Thomas announced that he wants to interpret the regulatory power of Congress to be how the Founders envisioned it. Good luck regulating computers! I think most of the commerce the Founders envisioned was muskets and horses. Two frequently traded commodities today. Why just the other day I was looking online at this great musket...oh wait, they didn't envision the internet either so clearly that can't be regulated. Tomorrow in Con Law I might lose my mind.

I wish I really remembered how to speak Spanish. That seems like it would be a useful thing to remember. Though I am still quite familiar with burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment