Monday, July 12, 2010

"Tour"

Today I had a lot of work to do at work. Which might help explain why they call it work. But I have a pretty pressing memo to write and it's on a pretty complicated topic (since I don't have an MBA), so research took a while. That research had to be put on hold for a (pretty mandatory) "tour" of the John Adams Courthouse. The "tour" started out with a 35 minute tour of the building with a tour guide talking about the building and showing us around. That part of it was pretty cool, it's a beautiful building. Then we sat at the SJC (cool place, also literally, I was freezing...and I had to pee) while two appellate judges talked to us and answered questions for an hour and a half. And by talked to us and answered questions, I, of course, mean talked about how cool they were and dispensed advice in a semi-pompous manner. Granted they are judges, which is pretty cool, but we know that you are good lawyers, we don't need you to reinforce how awesome you are for an hour and a half. That part got pretty annoying. I also don't appreciate having the Massachusetts court system explained to me twice in one tour. It was a tour for legal interns - we are in law school, I certainly hope we understand that it goes trial courts, appellate courts, supreme court. That's called underestimating your audience.

Today it rained sideways! And the other intern in my division checked the weather online, which said it was still sunny out.

This weekend included a 21st birthday (Karishma's, who demanded pizza, despite having some in her hand already), a Harpoon brewery tour (saw 30,000 cases of beer in the same place), and Battle of the Sexes (men clearly won, and three of us-Me, Chris, and Ryan-were very barely able to name all four main characters on Sex and the City as our crowning achievement).

Writing cover letters has not changed. It still sucks. It is apparently not an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment