Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to Reality

The Epic Chili Spill occurred Saturday night at Nakul's. We were watching tv for a while, waiting for the chili Nak made to be perfectly ready. Eventually we got hungry enough to venture into the chili. I was super exciting because I had been contemplating eating for the past hour or so. Nakul finally gave the go-ahead, and we put the chili into bowls. Nakul offered me cheese, and I took a slice out. I noticed it had some mold on it, so I threw it out and took another slice. Also mold. Trash. Another slice had minimal mold. I spent a good minute cutting off the mold until the slice of cheese was sufficiently clear for eating purposes. I crumbled it up and put it on my chili, and I was finally ready to take my chili off to the table to eat it when...the combination of the cheese on my fingers and the heat of the bowl resulted in some slippage. And chili went everywhere. I mean everywhere. It went under the table, on the chair, on the table, on the counter, on my clothes, everywhere. I, apparently, let out a string of profanity and dejectedly cleaned up the chili to the best of my ability. I am not feeling so optimistic about getting the chili out of the chair cushion. And I am only hoping that it comes out of my jeans. But this chili spill was epic. It messed up the floor, burnt my arm, and destroyed my dreams all at once.

Road soda - funny name for a not a particularly good idea.

Mostly at Ron's behest, I watched the first two episodes of Man Men this weekend. Maybe it was in honor of the 4th season's premier tonight. In which Don Draper murders twelve men. Just kidding; I have no idea what happens. But Dumbledore dies. Anyways, I'm not sold on it yet. I know a lot of people are all about it, but so far it just doesn't seem like the kind of show to be all about. I'll give it a few more episodes to give it a fair shot. One thing I can't help but think as I watch the show is that I am really glad that prop cigarettes were invented, otherwise the entire cast would have advanced lung cancer.

Very few people know the band "The Band" at least by name. Then people think I'm an idiot. "Do you know the band?" "Which band?" "The band." Not the most helpful.

Work tomorrow should be fun. I get to edit and submit for review my 17 page section of a brief. It's been pretty fun to write, actually. I'm super stoked to get it cut down to 3-5 pages (at least I wouldn't be surprised). In layman's terms all it says is "Stop screwing people. You don't get to make money from doing that. Just stop." Advocacy at its finest.

The movie "Cyrus" was pretty good. Contrary to what some people believe (Erica), it has nothing to do with Miley Cyrus, nor Billy Ray Cyrus. It's a comedy/drama. It is a pretty simple movie, with only 5 characters. It was a nice change from the rest of the summer blockbusters that are going out right now. I mean, it's probably not "Grown Ups" but what is? (Note: I have not seen Grown Ups, though I wouldn't be surprised if it were actually more amusing than it should be. If anyone has more information, please contact me. A reward will be posted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment