Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Avalanche

For some reason classes don't seem to be overloading us with work. I'm skeptical. I think that some point mid semester we are going to be buried with an avalanche of reading. We will all die from either hypothermia or starvation. Or be eaten by wolves. There are wolves in avalanche-prone regions, right? I'm just kind of assuming here. We have only done one reading in Civil Procedure so far. Yesterday we spent class talking about how law firms bill. Apparently they charge premium prices for photocopies. But I don't care. Thursday we will be watching a movie on depositions. I still don't care. And I almost fell asleep in Con Law today while drinking a Diet Coke and being interested in the material. That's a bad sign. I think I need more sleep, and it's only the second week of the semester. Off to a good start.

I found my dream internship for the summer: working for the Senate Judiciary Committee. Too bad the chances of me landing the job are quite bad. But that doesn't stop me from applying. If I don't apply my chances of getting it are 0%; if I do, then my chances are better. By at least .1%.

Yesterday I worked out with Ryan. Ryan is ex-Army. It gets worse. We met up with this guy in my section, Joe, at the gym. Joe is a competitive body builder who, rumor has it, has 17" biceps. They are both jacked. I, however, haven't really worked out in a few weeks and I certainly haven't lifted in a while. So lifting with them for an hour and a half was quite the task. My arms wanted to fall off at the end. "How many more sets, Ryan?........Are you kidding me?" That was a common refrain. Surprisingly I don't feel too sore today. Hopefully I'll go back with them soon. And I'll get huge. Then I'll paint my skin green. I'm already angry. My master plan is to audition for the lead role in the next Incredible Hulk movie. Wow, what a bad ambition. I'll stop talking.

2 comments:

  1. at least you didnt bite it on the treadmill this time. HAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're already angry and you want to get jacked? Sounds like a perfect case for steroids. Everyone's doin it!

    ReplyDelete