Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I did not understand what "Semi-Charmed Kinda Life" was about until much later

So last weekend was fun, but rough. Thursday (yes, that's the beginning of the weekend) was a fun bar review at Marvin. I went to a total of two bar reviews last semester, so I am enjoying no longer having an internship. Saturday was the Lamb of God show, which was awesome - the best way to get out some aggression and feel at peace with the world. And Sunday was a really, really...really messy brunch. I am not even thinking about alcohol until Friday thanks to brunch.

I decided to pass/fail my Trusts & Estates class. Mostly because I cannot, for the life of me, pay attention for more than a few sentences. Some days listening to a full sentence is quite the task. I tried really hard to pay attention today. But my professor spent 35 minutes discussing the details of the execution ceremony for a will. Which the book already did in our reading. And which is mostly common sense. When the statute says that the testator must watch the witnesses sign, it's not difficult to understand that you should probably have them all in the same room. Now the professor is perfectly nice. But. But...he just moves so slowly. He is the tortoise, and my mind is the hare. So pass/failing the class, it doesn't matter if I don't finish first. I just can't finish C- or below.

What's your favorite song featuring Jay-Z? I'm proud to say that mine is Mariah Carey's "Heartbreaker."
What's your favorite 90's song? "Semi-Charmed Kinda Life"
Man, I love superlatives. It's probably my favorite game.

Tomorrow I get to see Justice Kagan judging a moot court competition. A reception follows the oral arguments. However true, it might not be a good idea to go up to her and say, "Hey, I know your niece. She lived on my freshman hall and I heard her having sex all the time. Especially in the morning." That could only be followed up by a hilarious request for assistance procuring a clerkship.
Inappropriateness aside, it is pretty exciting to see a Supreme Court justice doing her thing in person. I wonder if Clarence Thomas would talk while presiding over a moot court. Scotty doesn't know.

Newt Gingrich strongly reminds me of Jabba the Hut. I really hope that isn't just me.

Shaked sent me the Gordon Ramsay autobiography, perhaps to further my man-crush. He is super British and swears almost as much in his writing as in his speech. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment