Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Secret Holds

Well today's Antitrust class was interesting. My professor arrived six minutes late, put his bag down, then left to get a soda. Two minutes later his Diet Coke exploded upon opening it. The next hour and fifty-two minutes of the class was purportedly about the independence of antitrust enforcement agencies. But if I had to title the lecture it would be "I hate the Senate's confirmation process." While he did talk a bit about "the law" and cases like Humphrey's Executor, far more time was spent disparaging the current Senate, the process of putting holds on nominees, and the disclosure procedures that nominees must go through. He's a former FTC Commissioner, and apparently he has a number of grievances. But he does know what he's talking about. It was an amusing, if less than enlightening, class period.

We are now in the shadow period of sports. A time where nothing I care about is going on. Damn it, February. Also, why do I have to pay full rent this month? I guess the leap year helps, but I am still full of resentment.

Is it racist that Black History Month is the shortest month of the year?

Facebook memes have to be reigned in. It's all getting too much. My news feed is exploding with not-so-funny captioned pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment