Wednesday, January 25, 2012

U-Haul

I'm upgrading my bed. I bought my friend Lindsay's queen size, but the problem was transporting it. So today I had the terrifying experience of renting a U-Haul and driving it around DC in rush hour. But I had the awesome and unique experience of driving past the White House in a moving truck.


I'm pretty sure I made a bunch of reckless lane shifts when I forgot that I was in a huge freaking truck. I definitely pissed some Prius off and I made a semi-illegal turn. But I did not hit anything or anyone, so I consider that a success. Plus I have a new bed and the experience of driving a U-Haul around.
I don't know why but U-Hauls are kind of sketchy. That's why I love the contrast of the truck and the President's house. But why are U-Haul's sketchy? Do lots of people commit crimes in them? Granted, I was driving around with a bed in the back of one. I could see that looking bad.

I was actually too bored to function today in Trusts and Estates. It shut down part of my brain. Too bored to be angry. Now that is impressive.

I made custard for creme brulee. Tomorrow I'll whip out the brulee torch that was a birthday present. And I'll be extra careful not to burn down my apartment.

How 'bout that State of the Union last night? President Obama - he knows how to deliver a pretty speech. Now let's see if he knows how to win a difficult election.
With luck, he'll be facing The Amphibian. I really can't comprehend how 200,000 people (in one state nonetheless!) could vote for Newt Gingrich. Where is the redeeming quality? His racism? His sexism? His hypocrisy? I mean, it is progressive of him to ask his (ex)wife for an open marriage. Who knew that the Republican Party was so open to polyamorous relationships (between Newt and a Mormon - sorry for the stereotype there). But The Amphibian is...a fat jackass. Just being honest. What does anyone see in him?! How has he convinced three women to marry him?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment