Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Really My Fault

I'll take the blame for the Patriots Super Bowl loss. Me, right here. This guy. I put on my Tom Brady jersey and wore it for the first quarter. I knew I shouldn't have. I caused this. I wore that jersey the last time we played the Giants, earlier this season, and we lost. I didn't wear it again until the playoff game against the Ravens - and we won despite our best efforts. So I should have known it was the bad luck jersey and kept it in the closet. But no, I had to go dragging it out to show my New England pride. Damn you, hubris. I apologize to Belichick, Brady, Welker, and the rest of them. I am sorry I selfishly wore that jersey and caused that dismal loss.

On the plus side of the Super Bowl, we had a party at my apartment with two tvs! That's twice the number of tvs you probably watched the game on. How did I pull that off, you might ask. Well I don't mind telling you it was a combination of laziness (failing to post the old tv on Craigslist for a few months), elbow grease (or re-wiring RCN service), and good old American work ethic (yeah!).
Since my roommate is a Giants fan, we were quite the house divided. I think Giants fans outnumbered Patriots fans 6 to 5, with another 7 people whose main attractions to the game were beer and salsa. In my book, some people (my roommate) deserve a penalty for excessive celebration. But the losers took their defeat with grace and poise. No one even punched a wall or destroyed a door. My response was doing dishes (conveniently aided by remembering I have a dishwasher and using it for the first time in two and a half years - no joke), drinking a beer, and watching Game of Thrones.

I paid attention to more than half of my Trusts and Estates class today. I relish the small victories.

I got a haircut today and got my barber in trouble with the head barber, for lack of a better term. With Diego, whose establishment it is. I unknowingly skipped ahead of a guy with an appointment. Sorry doode. Me and my barber are thick as thieves. Mostly because I've always wanted to say that. But he's a good guy and I gave him extra tip for getting him in trouble. That's the appropriate response, right? I can honestly say I had never seen a barber get disciplined. It wasn't a pretty sight. There was hair everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment