Monday, February 13, 2012

My Finger!

Last night I hacked off a small portion of my pinkie finger with a mandolin. It was the bloodiest injury I've sustained in years. I feel so hardcore now, with my X-Men bandaid and whatnot. I'm basically a member of the 300. While continuing to chop an onion after my horrific injury, I screamed "This. Is. Sparta.!!!!!"
Note: I don't actually have an X-Men bandaid. I'm not cool enough for that. Just a regular CVS brand one.

Just finished the "Hunger Games." According to Shaked, it shouldn't have taken me so long. The book was pretty good. I'd call it a page turner. Some enemies become friends, a girl learns a lot about herself, and a large number of small children die in horrific ways. Hrm. It's pretty brutal for what I'd call a young-adult book. A bit more gruesome than the Hardy Boys.
I have been informed that the second and third books are not worth it, so my work seems like it ends here.

I watched a lot of the Grammies last night for the first time in many years. My initial reaction was that there isn't a ton of good, popular music being released these days. Another reaction is that Chris Brown is a douchebag. I'd find it a lot easier to accept him back to the Grammies if his performances didn't suck.
Also, if the Foo Fighters are really the premier "Hard Rock" band these days, then we have fallen into a sad state of affairs indeed. I like the guy, but I didn't need to see Dave Grohl perform 4 times - none of it particularly good. Though props for wearing a Slayer shirt.
Adele...you sly fox. Does anyone really hate Adele? I guess I can see her ex-boyfriend not liking her. But besides that, I think she's universally accepted as good. But it always pains me to see an award show roll over and die for one artist like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment