Thursday, January 12, 2012

Felonious and Intentional

The Starbuck iPhone app is probably the bougiest thing invented to date.

I'll talk about my current classes soon. But as my grades come back from last semester, I'd like to say they are absolute crap. In both ways. I did better than I should have in some classes and worse in others (namely Pubic Interest Lawyering - a BS class that I still didn't do particularly well in. Why?! I have no idea). At least I finally got my grades. I'm not sure how much they matter at all. But I still have that Type A thing inside of me somewhere driving me to achieve. I blame my upbringing. "Blame."

I have an awful case of senioritis. Or anger. In Trusts and Estates, I completely tuned out for the first 45 minutes of class. That half of class could have been summed up in one sentence. Instead, we spent 45 minutes on a relatively simple case, the Model Probate Code (which only a handful of jurisdictions follow), and pointless hypotheticals. If you were wondering, here is the one sentence explanation: A person may not inherit from someone he killed if the killing was felonious and intentional. Bam - done. Now, felonious and intentional are certainly legal terms of art- but we learned about them first semester 1L year in Criminal Law. Not difficult. This one sentence absolutely did not merit half a class. So I tuned out. From time to time I would remember that I was supposed to be paying attention and tune in, but I only had the attention span to hear half a sentence at a time. I got a lot of dependent clauses in there. Regardless, I missed absolutely nothing.
Honestly, it sort of brought my entire day down. Like Angry Sandwich Lady to Matt Hope, that class messed up my whole day.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't do well in Pubic Interest Lawyering? BUT EVERYONE IS INTERESTED IN PUBES!

    ReplyDelete