Thursday, January 5, 2012

Virgin America Has A Terrible Website

Last night I was walking down the street and I heard something I'd never heard before. This woman talking to her friend says, "You know who I really like is Newt Gingrich!" It was not said ironically. That's honestly a first.

New Years in New York came and went. It was fun to see people - Jonah, Jessie, Caitlin, etc. It was much more low-key than last year. For example, I didn't get hammered and run around the apartment screaming profanities at anyone who would listen. The funniest thing that happened was McGrath bringing 101 proof peppermint-berry liqueur and making everyone have a shot of it. It was honestly the most disgusting drink I have ever tasted. It made me want to puke immediately. Then I watched McGrath singlehandedly finish the bottle. Next (unsurprisingly) he vomited.
The next day I saw my cousin. And a huge subway rat feasting on discarded sushi. My cousin's company was more pleasant, if I implied any comparison there.

I took the Megabus with Kerry back from New York. The bus was a double decker and we sat in the very front of the bottom level. In the middle of the bumper to bumper traffic that plagued New Jersey I was reading a book. Out of the corner of my eye I saw some liquid fall from the top level down the stairs. I thought it was water or something. Yeah...turned out it was vomit. A passenger upstairs had gotten motion sickness and projectile vomited down the stairs. Luckily it was not terrifically smelly vomit - more of the not smelly type. We pulled into a rest stop for her, adding to our already 2 hour delay. Normally I would be furious, but I figured things could be worse: I could be the woman who vomited. I took a deep breath and saved my anger for later.

For things like Republicans. Rick Santorum?! Are you serious Iowans? Is that a goddamn joke? He is a lunatic. A right-wing, radical, hateful, hypocritical lunatic.
Mitt Romney is the eventual nominee. There's just no way around that. Better get used to the idea. My favorite thing about Republicans is that they have so much ridiculous religious zealotry that they many cannot even stomach a Mormon nominee.

For now, I'm trying to enjoy the last few days before my last semester of school. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment