Friday, February 4, 2011

Remember the band POD? They were terrible.

I am having an unsurprising amount of trouble focusing on my reading on this Friday afternoon. So I have decided to blog rather than read for Federal Income Tax. Is this shocking?

Yesterday I got to see Nina Totenberg interview Justice Ginsberg (in a sit-down style reminiscent of Josh Lyman's interview in "Celestial Navigation"-West Wing nerd alert). Considering that I go to law school and she is a Supreme Court Justice, that was pretty awesome. It's not every day you get to see the rockstars of your profession. She talked a lot about her career before becoming a judge as a crusader for gender equality in the law. She also talked about her family and late husband, her (perhaps surprisingly good) relationship with Justice Scalia (Nino, as his friends refer to him), and the workings of the Court. She was asked the obvious question about retirement and gave an interesting answer. Apparently Justices get access to a number of Smithsonian collections to decorate their chambers and Justice Ginsberg had one painting that she adored which was removed from her chambers because it went out on loan to a museum. She told the audience that she was promised the painting would return to her chambers in 2012, so she has to be around the Court for that. She also threw out a few references to Louis D. Brandeis (what what!) and mentioned that he stayed on the Court until he was 83, so she has a little ways to go. Justice Ginsberg is currently 77, I believe. 1 justice down, 8 to see. Well there is one that I have really no interest in seeing ever, so we can knock it down to 7. I'll let you figure it out - it ain't rocket science.

I started tutoring a 1L in Property and it is already rewarding. And not monetarily (yet). I just got an email from the 1L saying:
"The talk we had last night was sooo helpful!!!!
For the first time maybe I didn't miss anything in class!!!! lol"
Direct quote. As much as I strongly dislike law school, I am happy making it at least a little bit better for someone else. And if that entails explaining nuisance liability then so be it.

From what I gather in the news, now is not a good time to visit Cairo. Just a friendly travel warning in case you were unaware.

All Nas needs is one mic. Beck has got two turntables and a microphone. I think they can work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment