Tuesday, February 22, 2011

About Time

I am a law student in DC. The Supreme Court is a mere cab ride away. So tomorrow is the day that I finally abandon my excuse of "I have to get up too early," and go see an oral argument. Assuming I get there early enough to get in. That's why I am waking up at 5:30 and getting to One First St. at 6:30. I am meeting my friend Tracy there. While in line the plan is to read the briefs for both petitioner and respondent for both of the cases being argued tomorrow. I know, I know, coolest kids ever.

Today was one of those days in Crim Pro. Everyone was going wrong. People were saying saying dumb things, the professor was humoring them, and the kid next to me had a stuffy nose and kept sniffling. He always sniffled in multiples of three seconds. Why? I don't know. Why do I know that? Because I couldn't help but keep time in my head. It was very annoying and maybe a little weird.

This week is writing my note, with lots of other distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment