Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome to the Thunderdome

This would be a much more substantial entry had I not just pumped out a 1500 word paper tonight. It's for my Law of Democracy class, and I am pretty sure that when I look it over tomorrow morning, mere hours before it is submitted, I will be unhappy with its quality. Oh well, it will be done. 1 down, 3 to go for the semester. Much better than taking a stressful final.

I was summoned to an ADR (alternative dispute resolution) Board meeting tonight to hear a bunch of things which do not affect me or could have been communicated in a three sentence email. The email about the meeting was ironically longer than three sentences. It promised pizza. I was not at the front of the pizza line, however, and two people before me the pizza run out. That was going to be my dinner. So I found myself torn away from writing a time-crunched paper, hungry, and lied to at a meeting which was totally irrelevant. I haven't been that angry in a good long while.

I went to an info session about clerkships today. I stopped paying attention when one of the panelists said "very unique" twice in one sentence. That's not putting your best foot forward, sir.

I think pretty soon there may be tales of a new gunner. He is in my Crim Pro class and is incredibly close to gaining the official title. Today he brought up the Confrontation Clause because he thought it made him look smart - we are not learning about the Confrontation Clause. If you are going to voice your opinion please confine it to the subject matter of our class. The class really gains nothing otherwise, although it wasn't gaining a lot from having him in the class in the first place. Push me again, gunner. We'll see what happens on Thursday. But new gunner is a very real possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment