Saturday, January 22, 2011

Join Together

I am going to create a new product: the Freudian Slip and Slide. I'm not sure how it will work yet, but I'll get back to you on that.

This morning I took full advantage of being an adult and ate cake for breakfast. Cake and Dunkin Donuts. There is not a whole lot more you can ask for from a morning. At least it wasn't ice cream cake, so I didn't ruin my appetite for the entire day.

I am slightly to moderately worried about my summer job stability. The group I was hired into just lost a lot of partners. I am a bit anxious. Hopefully it means the group has to beef up and hire lots of new associates (from their summer class, even!), but I am not thrilled at the announcement. No news was good news.

Gluten-free pizza: it's pizza, just a little worse somehow. My extensive experience with gluten-free products has taught me a similar lesson time and time again. Thanks Emma!

Right now I am "working" on my note. I am "outlining" the remaining part of it and "editing" the rest. Really though, I just want to turn in what I have. It's the first draft, it's ungraded. The only driving force is the more work I do now, the less I have to do later. I want to keep working on this as much as I want to be spoon fed an entire jar of mayonnaise.

This new Kanye album I keep hearing about is great. "Golddigger" - remixing a Ray Charles song, what a novel idea!

Beer me.

Yesterday I was in a bookstore when I started looking at the new Tucker Max book. I accidentally spent 20 minutes reading it and laughing out loud to myself. I probably looked like a big jerk. No matter how much I might dislike his actions, he is a good, humorous writer, nothing to be done about that. At least he doesn't try to hide the monster that he is. Which makes him more virtuous? Tucker Max - actually a saint?? Nope, not by a long shot.

Keith Olbermann, goodbye. Start counting down to your next career move. I'm a little sad. Sure he had a bias which might not be a great trait in newscasters. But his bias helped to balance out the entire Fox News network, which is surely infinitely worse. Plus I happened to agree with his bias a lot of the time. I have never agreed with Glenn Beck, or his weepy, weepy eyes. Wolf Blitzer has a bias towards beards. If Wolf Blitzer were a dog he would ironically be a chihuahua. With a beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment