Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves

I love this feeling. It' going to start snowing in a few hours. It's expected to be more than 3 inches, so it can shut this city down (hilariously). I love waiting for the snow to see how much we will get. It doesn't matter that much to me, I only have one class tomorrow. But it would be nice if everyone else got a snow day everyone will relax and be around.

I dub the kid who sits close to me in Crim Pro, new gunner. Yesterday he spoke in class 4 times and added nothing. He irritated me enough that I raised my hand and spoke to counter his opinion. He was both incorrect as a point of law and stupid (though the two probably had to do with each other). What makes it worse is that his name is Will. This prompted the professor, when referring to my (correct) comment as Will 2. I do not appreciate that. I'm going to see what I can do about changing new gunner's name to Gunner. He certainly will be referred to here as such. Maybe I'll make him a nice name tag to wear.
My friend Shannon also hates him. And the other girl in that class I cannot stand. All I had to say to Shannon was "That girl who sits on the other side from you," and she knew exactly who I was talking about. This girl dresses like she just got out of a business meeting in July and speaks as if she is the world's premier authority on Criminal Procedure. "Of course the majority doesn't take into account the difference between the initial search of the arrestee's person and the further search of the contents of his pocket." Good job, all you did was repeat what the dissent said as if it were your own idea. Never speak again.

Rand Paul should stop acting as if he knows the first thing about constitutional law. He doesn't. He is an ophthalmologist. And 80 years of Supreme Court cases disagree with his reading of the Constitution, so I think I'm going to go with the people who know what they are talking about. He makes me so angry. Just one more thing: how can he claim to be a libertarian but support government restrictions (read: a ban) on abortion? Time to go back and check your first principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment