Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow? What Snow?

Oh right, it's DC, so it doesn't really 'snow.' It snowed a little bit last night, the heaviest of it was, of course, as I was walking to U Street. The minute I got where I was going it lightened up significantly. I have friends here who were contemplating a snow day off from school. Yeah right. Boston and the Northeast is a different story, from what I hear. So I say to everyone currently snowed in, have some hot chocolate, maybe some peppermint schnapps, and enjoy it. I know shoveling can be a bummer, but it builds character. (When I was a boy I had to shovel my way to school 4 miles uphill, both ways. It's not true or logical. School was only 1.5 miles away.) But really, good luck with the snow! Stay warm and safe!

Yesterday was one of those days where I just had to pee. All day. I hope I am not the only person who occasionally has days like that. If I am, then I am going to consult a physician. Perhaps caffeine intake has an effect?

My note is progressing slowly. Regurgitating facts for a long research paper I do not care much about is not nearly as exciting as, say, battling Godzilla. Or watching "The League." Whichever is more realistic. In Japan, I guess it is Godzilla since "The League" does not have Japanese subtitles. My first draft is due in a week and a half and must clock in at 25 pages and 60 footnotes. I have no doubt that I will be able to get there, but the trek is slow. I feel like Lewis and Clark...I guess because it took them a while to get where they were going and it doesn't seem like too much fun to be wandering across the entire continent. Too I don't feel like Louis and Clark, because then I would be Superman. Good thing I am not Spiderman though, see Broadway accident. Wow, that would really suck to finally fulfill a lifelong dream of being a superhero and then getting terribly injured in the process. That's like winning the lottery, but then having a burglar steal the lottery ticket out of your apartment before you could cash it in. I guess it is more ironic than many of the things Alanis Morisette considers to be ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment