Thursday, December 2, 2010

This Gun's for Hire

Maybe I'm just 26 years behind, but "Dancing in the Dark" is a great song. It's not like I had never heard it before today; I just had never listened. I had also never seen the music video, which accidentally launched Courtney Cox's career. So if you like Friends, you have Bruce Springsteen to thank. And if you hate Friends, then you have no soul and you have yourself to blame. (I'm not a great Friends enthusiast, but I recognize the goodness of the show.)

Perhaps to make up for yesterday no one got cold called in Corporations today. The more likely explanation for zero cold calls is that it was a review session and my professor miraculously went through the entire course in an hour and fifteen minutes. He spoke very fast. There was no time for interruptions. No time.

I started out the day feeling good about working. I got some work done at home. Then I walked into school and I could just feel the stress withering people around me. It was palpable. People were frantically typing away at their computers, asking questions, and flipping pages. Me? I remained surprisingly calm. To ward of the infective stress I sat with my friend Carl and commented on how manly he was as he ate a fried chicken leg using nothing but his hands and teeth (knives, forks, napkins, and plates are for lesser men than Carl). I will also add that I am so happy not to be a 1L.

No comments:

Post a Comment