Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sweat Dreams

This has been the weekend of study, spent in quiet contemplation while bent of an Administrative law casebook. The plus side is that I feel like I have a workable framework for understanding Admin. That's a vast improvement over, let's say, Friday afternoon. And pretty convenient timing considering that my final is tomorrow afternoon. If I had not started to understand the class then I would be in really rough shape. I'm counting on the fact that the rest of my class has less of a working knowledge of Admin than I do, since my understanding is far from complete. It doesn't even help that my casebook is convoluted and poorly organized. It is even worse that the book contradicts itself about a particular rule. This is especially embarrassing because my professor co-authored the casebook. I have an urge to tell him "Pages 293 and 305 directly contradict each other; please tell me which is correct." (Note: those pages really do contradict each other! I'm not even throwing random numbers out there!!!) But it's too late to contact him and I don't want to look like a big jerk.

I had a dream the night after my Con Law test in which I correctly identified issues I had missed during the actual exam. Oops! I've definitely woken up feeling better about myself before. Oh well, nothing to be done. The unfortunate spirit of law school dictates that my response must be "Well I bet everyone else missed them too, and more."

Apparently I have free HBO this month. Woo! Thanks RCN. First good thing you've ever done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment