Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Can You Repeat the Question? Sorry, I have to pass"

Except for one review class tomorrow, today was the last day of classes. Hallelujah. There is nothing more to learn about administrative law; only things to re-learn that I forgot when I blacked out during class. To solemnify the occasion of the last day, the most ridiculous Corporations class ever commenced. My professor cold calls a lot every day. But today a pattern developed: he would call on someone, they would pass, he would call on someone else, they would ask him to repeat the question and then pass, and finally my professor would ask for volunteers. This pattern became uncanny. I thought maybe the class was pulling a fast one that I was not in on. I got called on today and thankfully answered the question correctly. Now, I understand passing in that class; it has around 150 people in it and you don't want to fumble around for the answer and waste everyone's time. But a total of 27 people opted to pass today - my friend counted. That's excluding the 10 or so people who asked him to repeat the question and then answered (usually incorrectly). Apparently next to no one did the reading or could be bothered to listen. It was not a mass conspiracy, it was just absurd.

TSA checked my friend's hair as she was going through security. Her hair was in a bun and apparently it needed a good squeeze to ensure safety.

I think it's time we update coal. You now get a solar panel in your stocking if you have been naughty.

Good day, sir. I said good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment