Thursday, October 14, 2010

When I eat apple sauce I feel like I am five. But it is delicious.

Tonight I went to a Washington Capitols game. It was my first professional hockey game since I was about seven, but that one previous game made me a grizzled veteran compared with the other people I went with. Despite all my live hockey experience, I still had to resort to discussing "Mighty Ducks" with my friends. I did have the good sense to do that in a hushed voice so that the enthusiastic hockey fans (also read: screaming white people in hockey jerseys) would not know of my relative ignorance of the sport. The game was fun, for an inside sporting event, and I got to see Ovechkin score a goal so there was my money's worth. I was amazed at the high percentage of people who had hockey jerseys on. Those things are expensive and...it's hockey. But apparently people are passionate about the Capitols. Remember that time there was a hockey strike and no one I knew cared?

I've been hungry a lot recently, and I have no idea why. Maybe I am not getting enough of something. If I knew anything about nutrition then maybe that might help me be more descriptive. Protein maybe? That's a thing that makes you not so hungry I believe. Then again, so is pizza. My desert island food might be pizza.
Making food has become somewhat of an onerous task. You have to think about what you want, make it, eat it, and clean up. Sometimes I think it's just easier to walk to Subway. Then I remember I do not like Subway very much and it is far more expensive than just making basically the same sandwich with grocery store ingredients. Maybe the answer to some of this problem is purchasing paper plates so I don't have to wash my dishes? Wow, how lazy can I get?? Not to mention environmentally unfriendly. I think a better answer is to find new, interesting, and delicious things to cook. And to find my motivation. I think it is with Waldo.

News flash: 7:45 remains too early to pay attention in class.

Stupid person of the day: Me, for accidentally holding the door for the girl I don't like. Stupid manners getting in the way of vindictiveness. I dislike her for somewhat legitimate reasons though: she stole one of my screening interviews during OCI, she is inconsiderate when I have to walk past her seat in a narrow row of chairs, and she is ugly. All that and I still was accidentally nice to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment