Monday, October 4, 2010

Rememberance of Standardized Tests Past

Remember remember the fourth of October...ok, so it's not Guy Fawkes day. But it is the second anniversary of taking the dreaded LSAT. That terrible test which plagued my senior year of college. I used to do my homework to procrastinate from doing my thesis, and do my thesis to procrastinate from studying for the LSAT. Ah, the memories. Practicing logic games for hours, cursing the similarities between two seemingly-correct answers, and listening to Ron whistle the Indiana Jones theme song in the middle of my practice test until I couldn't stand it anymore. In apparent honor of this anniversary, two people have contacted me today asking about law school and the admissions process. I did the best I could to give them an honest perspective, and, of course, had to warn them to take anything I say with a grain of salt. There are people with a worse attitude about law school than me, but they are difficult to find.

Watching football, it occurs to me that I kind of want to feel an NFL hit. Just to know if I could take it or not. I mean, I certainly could not survive multiple NFL hits. I would be a terrible NFL player (for one thing I am nowhere near large enough, for another I don't take ridiculous risks like driving with a blood alcohol volume twice the legal limit or bring a loaded gun in my sweatpants to the club). Taking even one hit I'd probably end up with a concussion and three broken ribs, but maybe that's the price of curiosity.

Telephone tag is a whole lot less fun than real tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment