Sunday, October 10, 2010

Conan's TBS Commercials Are Good

Between postseason baseball and regularly scheduled football, there has been a lot of sports watching. As a result I get to be a male stereotype. In the past few days I have: drank beer, played pool, sat on the couch all day watching football, ate pizza and wings, mocked losing teams, mocked fans of losing teams, been mocked for being a fan of a losing team - just to name a few things. I am almost thankful that Monday is coming around to drag me back in the direction of responsibility. Being a stereotypical male is exhausting and somewhat mind numbing. I'm glad I am not Heteronormative Man (the superhero, clearly).

When you think of beer pong, you think of classiness, right? I know I do. I played the classiest game of beer pong against Damien. We listened to Frank Sinatra, that's really all it took. It was really not appropriate for the mood. Coors Light and "Strangers In The Night" do not mix.

On Friday, one Ms. Elana Sandler was visiting DC and stopped in to have lunch with me. Much like the FBI, she may well be monitoring this, so I should watch what I say (it is, after all, a readily available internet blog...and I am terrible at watching what I say). Elana chastised me for not being angrier. She was apparently expecting a fit of rage at some idiotic, relatively minor incident from school. I was sorry to disappoint, but school is either less irksome this year or I just pay less attention. For Elana, I will pay more attention in class to make sure that people are not saying moronic things that I am just missing. Heightened sensitivity. Heightened scrutiny. Ahhhh law school, it still plagues me.

Today I learned: beer die, a new game.
I really want to learn how to be good at chess. Patience is probably a first step, but a difficult one.

I think many people, especially in law school, forget that they are not just their resume. I certainly almost forgot it for a moment there. Just a thought.

At the bar last night a girl asked Reza if he was allowed to be at the bar legally because he looked so young. There were four of us sitting there and Reza was actually the oldest. He was slightly offended, but did not retaliate. That's because he's nice; I might have asked her if she was allowed to be in the bar or whether she was breaking curfew at her retirement home.

If you have not seen it, I recommend looking up Betty White guest starring on "Community," particularly discussing Inception and singing "Africa" by Toto. Best thing ever.

1 comment:

  1. just catching up now. I feel like I've now come across like an Insensitive Unfriend who is only interested in people if they are sufficiently angry. that's not true (completely)! I also enjoy hearing about your life! However, I additionally realized why I so enjoy reading the un-angry parts of your blog... it's because I hear you reading each paragraph aloud in my head...in your principal voice from the first Lava ep.

    ps. I do appreciate your vow to pay more attention...but don't trouble yourself. You might actually hear what your professor is saying, and that can lead to no good at all.

    -elana

    ReplyDelete