Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Recommend the youtube video "So you want to go to law school"

My goodness, how is it Wednesday already? I have been trying to buckle down, go into 'hermit mode' and get work done this week. Somehow I just feel like I'm treading water. It could be worse, I could be slipping. It helps that Con Law is the slowest thing ever. If we moved more slowly in that class, time would move backwards. And Admin is becoming as dry as a saltine. I wish I could report people saying stupid things in these classes, but really no one talks; no one even pays much attention. It is embarrassing how many computer screens are on gchat or the Wikipedia page for Sega.

I am still not sure what I am going to be for Halloween. Who really cares? I don't want to spend lots of money on an "awesome" costume. You can really only use it once (maybe reuse it on Purim if you are one of the chosen people). The only good reason to have a costume is so that other people won't harass you for not dressing up. I think I've mostly used up my cop-out costumes (like throwing on my old Starbucks apron), so unless I think of another one, I might be forced to branch out into the world of 'real' costumes. There's an earn of corn costume at Target, think that will go over well?

The bluebook is quite possibly the most frustrating book ever. More frustrating than "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man." In case you don't go to law school or are not inexplicably well versed in legal writing, the bluebook is a style guide to legal citations. Just the description should give you an idea of how poor it is. I am spending a lot of time with this masterpiece of a book. Thanks journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment