Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tales From Real Law School:

I spent 3 hours tonight trying to figure out the correct way to cite 3 similar statutes. In the end, I just resigned myself to the fact that there is no rule in the guide that is exactly on point and threw in my best guess. To recap: 3 hours, 3 citations, no correct answer. Tales from real law school.

I met a 1L tonight. She said she loved law school. She asked me and another 2L how we felt about it. We looked at each other and laughed in her face. "Wait until exams," said the 2L next to me. "I just cannot picture having fun learning about subject matter jurisdiction," I added, incredulously. The 1L cocked her head quizzically to the side to tell me that she had no idea what subject matter jurisdiction was. Exactly. That's why you love law school. I encouraged her to keep enjoying it for now, then reassured her that I thought she was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment