Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Toothbrush Day

It's new toothbrush day. That day when you are at CVS and finally remember that thing that has been gnawing at the back of your mind for a few weeks. That day when you get that nice crisp brush and remember why new toothbrushes are important. To accompany my new toothbrush I even purchased new toothpaste. Not a new kind, just a new tube. This is probably more important than the new brush; this morning I managed to squeeze out the last drop of toothpaste. Believe me, there were tense moments when I though I would not be able to get anything, that the well was dry. Luckily I avoided a terrible fate: having to sneakily use my roommate's sub-par toothpaste.

I think I found a new note topic! And it's not preempted! But I am trying not to jinx it. Two things. First, I don't know why, but I am increasingly superstitious and worried about jinxing things by discussing them. Maybe I need to go outside, run around the building, throw salt over my should and spit, or whatever it is. Second, Jinx was the name of the cat in the "Freddy the Pig" book series, which I enjoyed thoroughly as a child (as maybe continue to enjoy).

My Corporations professor went on a lengthy tangent about how he does not understand the "Poke" feature of facebook. Among his comments were, "I've never been poked," and "I always want to poke someone, but I never do. I just hover my cursor around it." He is a silly man. Speaking of professors, I ran into my old Property professor, who invited me to attend oral arguments with her class at the Supreme Court on Wednesday at 5 in the morning. She was so enthusiastic she gave me copies of the briefs and appellate court opinion to look over if I want. I am currently weighing how cool it would be to see a First Amendment oral argument at the Supreme Court against my desire for sleep. My current thinking: you only live once! I'll sleep when I'm dead.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That terrible fate you talked about is funny! Secretly using your roommate's toothpaste would definitely be worse! Anyway, if you don't want to have trouble squeezing the tube, a toothpaste squeezer can be really useful for you. It can help you save a lot of paste, too! :D

    ReplyDelete