Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What Kind of Week It Has Been

Wow, I feel like I've been very busy. The aphorism about law school is "First year they scare you to death; second year they work you to death; third year they bore you to death." While I would hesitate to categorize my first year as being scared to death (it was more of a death by cynicism), the second year is adhering to the cliche so far. For example, I had a meeting this evening at 7, and I have class tomorrow at 7:45. Yes, 7:45 in the morning. I get 12 hours and 45 minutes to do law school-related things which do not require my physical presence at school. And to sleep (what a joke). And to update my blog, clearly the best way to use my time!

The thing about 7:45 am class is that it is kind of like getting thrown into a pool. Getting up and getting to class really sucks at first, but after a little while you adjust. And you shouldn't eat for 30 minutes beforehand. It does give me motivation to be productive all morning since I'll already be awake.
It just occurs to me that there was a book I was supposed to purchase and read for this class. Apparently that slipped my mind, whoops. So did paying my cable bill. Think RCN will notice?

Overheard in DC: "I still think it's weird when I am referred to as a woman" - said by a female in her mid-20's whose physical appearance suggested a sex-change, but likely actually talking about growing up and having that conversation about being a 'real adult.'

The new gunner in Con Law is keeping at it. Yesterday he asked a question that was clearly designed to make the professor aware that he had studied the history of British common law. Today he asked a question that was clearly designed to make the professor aware that he had read another constitutional law case that was not discussed in our class. He seems to be a "look-how-smart-I-am" gunner. Oh, the things that you know, gunner. Oh, the eyes you do not see rolling behind you every time you speak. You might know about Loving v. Virginia, but you do not know about social cues.

No comments:

Post a Comment