Sunday, September 5, 2010

Everybody's Free (To Forget to Wear Sunscreen)

Yesterday was pretty fantastic. I spent the majority of the day at Jen and Anthony's rooftop pool. I got yelled at for trying to read for Corporations and write a cover letter. All told, I think I was there hanging out with various people, swimming, and throwing around a football (which ultimately took a 12 story fall into the parking lot and was never heard from again) for about six hours. I guess this is that "relaxing" stuff that people talk about. Being white and responsible, I sprayed my torso and arms with sunscreen. SPF 30, baby. I did not anticipate being in the sun for as long as I was and thus forgot all about my legs and feet. So now I have a nice little sunburn on my knees and the tops of my feet. Wearing socks is slightly painful these days (just like watching the Sox - hey-yo). Now, back to work. Actually, some back to work is fun, like reading Griswold v. Connecticut. Maybe Shaked will be the only one who agrees with me, but I enjoy reading that case.

Notwithstanding Griswold, there are still tolls from school. Currently, I have to think of a note topic (a note is basically a piece of scholarly writing akin to a thesis, though shorter than a full-fledged thesis). I wonder if my journal will accept a tragicomedy in two acts about the American embargo against trade with Cuba. I doubt it, so I am forced to find alternatives. Any ideas for fun topics related to international law?

Four day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment