Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Firsts

There have been a good amount of firsts going around. Today was the first time I've ever had to shower because I smelled like lamb. Oh, and yesterday was the first day of classes. They were fine...I'm sure they will be further discussed. Nothing too stunning yet - the highlight so far is Clarence Thomas speaking so reckless, as usual. His views are still radical and impractical. But the lamb I roasted was delicious. I've been looking forward to it for a little bit now. Alena ate it with me, and she was quite patient as I figured out just how long it needed to stay in the oven. Want something gross looking? It's lamb drippings. Also, delicious for future gravies or sauces.

Being back at school is a little stressful. Everyone talking about jobs, internships, journal, homework, and skeet shooting. Alright, one of those discussions really added no law school pressure. But the others make me want to not talk with my classmates. If I pretend to be deaf do I get one of those ASL interpreters who can stand next to the professor every class period? That's a heinous abuse and waste of resources, but I kind of want to know. Would you get that?? Whenever I see someone signing along next to a speaker I inevitably look at them despite not understanding sign language. No matter how compelling the speaker, I am drawn to watching. It is entirely unclear why. I don't think I'll keep looking at French subtitles of a film in English.

It's almost college football season: the time of year where I can't watch ESPN anymore on Saturdays because I just don't care that much about any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment