Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Icing...Really?

So first off, icing - a new sort of drinking game involving Smirnoff Ice whereby if someone is handed a Smirnoff Ice they have to get down on one knee and chug it. The only way to block being iced is by carrying your own Ice. These rules apply anywhere, anytime. What is going on here? If you need references, I will refer you to http://brosicingbros.com/ and also the New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/09/business/media/09adco.html?scp=1&sq=icing&st=cse
What exactly is wrong with people? I'm fine drinking games like beirut and kings I suppose, but forcing someone to chug a disgusting, sugary Smirnoff Ice in inappropriate places crosses a line. I mean, it's hilarious looking at pictures of people who are silly enough to participate, but if someone "iced" me I would probably laugh in their face. They went and bought Smirnoff Ice. I bet you felt like a real man picking out that pomegranate fusion flavored one.

Work is alright. I've spent a lot of time reading about subjects in which I have less than no previous experience or knowledge. I finally got my first couple of assignments this afternoon. At 4. Needless to say they will be picked up tomorrow. Everyone seems nice...the internet there is monitored, so I guess everyone has to be nice. Except this one woman who I have already been warned to disregard if she gives me tasks. Apparently the office "unanimously thinks" she sucks. Good note: do not become friends with her.
One of the secretaries is the loudest woman on the planet...unintentionally. She shuffles her feet when she walks and her breathing is as loud as Darth Vader's. Every time she walks by my door I think she is having a seizure and I check to make sure she's alright. This inadvertent reaction makes me unfortunately monitor how often she goes to the bathroom, to get water, etc. and let me tell you, it does not seem like she spends a lot of time at her desk. I want to buy her an inhaler.
9-5 will take some getting used to. Especially when it is for no pay.

Is there a throne on Mt. Olympus vacant for Stephen Strasburg? Or do we have to build a new one before his arrival?

No comments:

Post a Comment