Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hearts

Day off of work because of some antiquated Boston-only holiday. Bunker Hill Day. Awesome, I get to sleep in and write blog posts. What isn't awesome is the fact that there are squirrels/mice/something in the walls and likely attic of my house. I am certain of this because I could hear something grating away inside my wall last night at 1:30 am. I had to fall asleep with the prospect of a small rodent running around my room if one managed to bust through the wall. That was not a comfortable feeling. What if I woke up and had to get a rabies shot? I don't think it made it in here. But I need an exterminator, stat.

Sunday I ordered a new computer online. It's being built. My current laptop has lasted me five years and has issues too numerous to list, but it is still functioning well, all things considered. I pretty much had to be cajoled into buying the new one. There were coupons expiring that day! But soon I'll have two functional laptops. What do I do with that? Watch them fight it out? Maybe try to breed them and create a netbook?

It's incredible how much brushing your teeth can affect your mood.

Sometimes work is a 'run out the clock situation.' Sometimes it is really interesting and exciting. Sometimes I thank Microsoft for including Hearts.

1 comment:

  1. i started solitaire at 9:40 am. that's the sign of a long day.

    ReplyDelete