Monday, May 3, 2010

A Day Without Caffeine

If I could re-take my Civil Procedure exam, I would write "The first rule of civil procedure is you don't talk about civil procedure."
Starting a blog post with a law school joke is an encouraging sign. I can do more, but they'll just go downhill even quicker (The Restatement (Second) of Contracts - why not just call it the Re-Restatement? Or Contracts: Remix...feat. T-Pain and Lil' Wayne?).

Bottomless bellini brunch yesterday with Rachel, Gavi, and Jason was fun. Clearly we got our money's worth for that. I encountered a new meat and a new cheese. Respectively they were speck and manchega, and I consumed both of them on a sandwich which was delicious. Then I tried to find the bottom of the bellinis. Then West Wing, then a nap. My brunch companions were somewhat surprised to see me smiling and happy in my state of post-finals joy. Being in post-finals joy sure beats the crap out of being in law school. To reference the West Wing, which some people will appreciate, "I'm smiling, I'm happy, I'm enjoying the people I work with. I've got to snap out of this." It's kind of that feeling.
Rachel, Gavi, and Jason also said I looked preppy, which I agreed with though it is explainable. First, I hate wearing shorts, but it was just too hot and humid yesterday in this swamp of a city (tap it for black mana!) to wear jeans. And I'm not about to wear jean shorts because I am not an eccentric nor a seven year old. So right there, I automatically have to wear shorts that will inevitably look preppy. Second, as part of my continual war against the dreaded enemy known as feet, I refuse to wear sandals. They expose my feet, getting them even dirtier than they are usually. They don't feel good. And they always look bad on males. Always. I'm sorry, but if you are not wearing a bathing suit then you look like a fool if you are wearing sandals. Sandals with jeans? Yup. Sandals with shorts? Yup. They just do not look good. Ever. Thus, boat shoes, despite being preppy, are the only acceptable answer for summer footwear, short of wearing sneakers everywhere. It's a process of attrition. But it is the combination of the dual enemies of feet and heat. Rhyming dual enemies.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (both of them) are crazy songs. Crazier like a diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment