Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Phone - iPhone...soon

In a shocking development, I am getting the new iPhone. Mostly so I can harass Siri, the computer-programmed personal assistant. I have so many questions to ask her. The phone will get here in 3-4 weeks. That's nothing; I've had my current phone for about five years. What's another few weeks? While the iPhone isn't "necessary," they don't make good non-smart phones anymore. And I really need a phone where I can 1) hear, and 2) charge it without having to rubber band the charger into place. Oh I'll miss my ghetto phone so. But change is inevitable. I hope this time it really is change we can believe in.

This weekend, everyone was equivocating about Halloween plans, so I decided to make some of my own. I hosted a get together that was organized at least 8 hours in advance. A small Indian man delivered beer for me with a hand truck, and the fixin's for apple pie shots were arranged (rum, apple cider, and cinnamon). Between those two things, you know it was a good time. Plus Kerry baked destructively delicious peanut butter, chocolate rice crispies treats and pumpkin blondies.
Perhaps the most impressive was that my roommate and I actually decorated. And by decorated, I mean bought Halloween-themed Christmas lights (confusing holiday mash up) and then waited for people with better sense to tell us where to hang them.

The MPRE is Saturday. It's an exam on lawyer ethics, which is hilarious in itself. For many states, you need to get an 85 or higher to pass. So when I took my first practice test today and got a decent amount of questions wrong, I was worried. There are only 50 questions, so I didn't feel like I had a lot of room for error. Then I learned that 85 is not a percentage correct. It's just a number somewhere on the curve that the test is graded on. Rather than requiring like 42/50 correct, I only need around 35. See how ethical lawyers have to be? Ethical enough to misrepresent how ethical we have to be.

I see too many wet paint signs, and I feel like dry paint is underrepresented and under appreciated. I am going to start hanging up dry paint signs. Just to let people know it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment