Monday, October 17, 2011

PRE-ER

Currently, I am reading for PRE. That's Professional Responsibility and Ethics for people who aren't up on the law school awful yet required course lingo. This reading is only slightly better than what I ended up doing last night - going to the emergency room. Yup. Preface: I'm fine, don't worry. But I woke up around midnight with sharp chest pains that got worse when I took a breath. Let's talk about not fun - it's that. It made me really not want to have a heart attack. I did what any intelligent person of my generation does: WebMD. And boy, that website had a uniform answer for me. Every symptom I clicked on. Chest pain - go to the emergency room. Left side - go to the emergency room. Sharp pain - go to the emergency room. Worse when you breath - go to the emergency room. Alright, alright, I get it. So I spent 1 to 5 am at the emergency room. They ran some tests, determined it was nothing serious, and sent me home with a prescription for some serious ibuprofen. It's just a viral thing, it'll get better. I couldn't help but think "I'm young and I've never smoked...this just cannot be a heart attack."

Was that too personal? I mean...I'm fine! It was just an interesting experience. That needs to be documented for posterity, clearly. Still it's better than half the crap on the internet.

I signed on with the firm. It's go time. And I feel good about it.

Wham bam.

Pumpkin flavored things are fantastic. Which made it even more disappointing when the burger restaurant I went to on Saturday was out of all but one of their pumpkin beers (and octoberfests). They had an extensive beer menu and did flights of three beer samples. But I went through half the damn menu trying to find a beer that the waiter didn't immediately respond "We're out of that." Killing me. But the burger, topped with pulled pork and bbq sauce, was absolutely delicious. It made up for the pissy host who dragged our table closer to the busboy station, the waiter who flat out told our table he didn't want to be there anymore, and for the busboy who almost took out Ryan while trying to handle a tray of dishes.
And they serve a beer float! But of course they were out of the beer that goes into it. Darn it. Gotta remember how good that burger was.

Now I gotta go to sleep. Being awake from 12-6 am really takes it out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment