Thursday, November 17, 2011

Viking Funerals

So work today was actually really cool. I randomly tagged along to a meeting which was two hours long, but fascinating. A couple of companies came in to complain about another company whose entire business model (if they are telling the truth) was basically quasi-legal extortion. It was like listening to them tell a cowboy story of antitrust law. Or a mobster antitrust firm. Pretty cool stuff. Unfortunately there did not seem to be a cognizable antitrust claim, although the SEC, the IRS, and the US Attorney's Office all probably have some things to say.
I'm going to write the next Sin City, antitrust law style. Sounds thrilling, right?

My handle of whiskey is dead. Viking funeral. Were I still in college, the funeral would be in Masel. And would look a lot like littering.

Can't it just be Thanksgiving???

Yesterday, I let Kerry talk me into frozen yogurt for dinner. It was like the childhood dream. Only I realized how bad of an idea that was. Then I got mad at myself for ruining my own childhood dream. Plus, I'm sure Michelle Obama is not happy about my choice. Sasha and Malia are never allowed to have froyo dinner.
What if it was spinach flavored froyo?
Then it would be gross. Oh, right.

On the topic of food, today's lunch was at a place that just opened in Chinatown called Meatballs. It's big attraction is that it talks about balls a lot. I'm serious, I'm not being immature. On the wall is a sign that says Meatballs, only meat is in tiny font and the letters in balls are about a foot tall. That sign was probably the best part about the place too. I tried their chicken balls (aka meatballs made from ground chicken), and thought I was going to get sick they were so undercooked.

Color me surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment