Sunday, November 1, 2009

Standard time

When I cook tortellini I picture all the little tortellinis hanging out together in a hot tub, living it up. Now I have to eat them. I basically just did to my tortellini the equivalent of naming all the lobsters in the tank, making it harder to eat them.

Halloween was pretty fun. I went with RKG to a potluck party where I didn't know anyone. But they were friendly and affable and served good food. Sweet potato casserole with marshmallow topping and pecans: yes please. I only wish that someone had let me know that everyone was going in themed costumes beforehand. That part got left out. So everyone was superheros or supervillians and I donned my old Starbucks apron and was a barista. (What? I don't want to spend money on my costume, leave me alone.) It was quickly decided that I was a superhero, bringing coffee to the needy every morning, so that little hiccup resolved itself. We took the metro to U Street. Of course we were running to catch the metro and half of the group didn't make it. The other half had to wait another 20 minutes to catch up. Once again the fleet of foot win the day. We went to a few different places, listen to "Thriller," saw some interesting costumes. You know, Halloween-y stuff. I think the most amusing thing I saw came walking back to the metro when a guy was crossing the street in a crosswalk and a cab started to take a right on red while he was walking in front of it. This guy was probably not Mr. Sober and certainly was Mr. Angry, and he started threatening the cab. Then the guy started to cross the other street and the cab continued to try to make a right while the guy was walking in the other crosswalk. The guy flipped out and punched the hood of the cab. Hilarious.

I completely missed the fact that we were changing our clocks back an hour last night. Totally forgot until it happened at like 1 am and other people were talking about it. Now it's getting dark at like 5 in the afternoon. Great. Thanks a lot Standard Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment