Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chicken?!

I'm listening to the song "Stupify" by Disturbed. My iTunes tells me it's been at least 2 years since the last time I listened to it. How many songs like that do I have? A crap ton would be my guess. I only have 5,400 songs, which is apparently 14.8 days of music. I could hold my own two week long Woodstock with this baby. Man, computers change everything. They even replaced the distraction gnomes with the internet.

My Torts professor promises us our midterms back tomorrow "if he has to stay up all night to finish them." This makes me doubt he has even looked at them. As he ranted about how grading papers is his least favorite part of teaching he got to slip in a story about when he clerked for Justice Scalia. Did I mention he wears a bow tie? A yellow bow tie was out in full force today. And we are now about 40 pages of reading ahead of the class discussion in Torts, which makes it no different than 2 other classes. This would usually be fine, unless you get called on and asked to discuss the particular facts of a case you read a week and a half ago. My memory is pretty good, but not that good. At this point only the hilarious cases stick in my mind. Like one in contracts where the dispute was, quite literally, about what the word "chicken" meant in a contract. Chicken? This is a job for the federal judiciary!

After school I went with Dan to get buffalo wings (20 cent wing night!) and a beer. Then I came home and worked out. That's really not the best order to do things, I'm aware. The beer wasn't much of an issue since it was well over an hour later. What turned out to be the big problem while I was on the treadmill was the smell of buffalo sauce on my fingers. Gross. That is not what I want to smell while I am sweating and struggling to breath (I'm a bad runner, what do you want? But practice makes perfect!).

No comments:

Post a Comment